The following is a college ministry update from Carson Conover, working on the campuses of Blue River and Longview Community Colleges.
It’s finals week at MCC Blue River and Longview! God has been very kind and gracious this semester. It’s been one of the most encouraging I’ve had in a long time! Here are a few reasons why I’m encouraged.
CHALLENGE BIBLE STUDIES -We spent the semester studying and discussing Luke’s Gospel at both Blue River and Longview. Several students said this was the first time they’ve ever read Luke’s Gospel!
- We had 7 weekly bible studies on campus. We had 34 students consistently participate in the weekly Bible study. Another 14 students participated occasionally or semi-consistently.
- In the past year, 1 student came to faith and was baptized at Life Connection. 2 students have become partners at Life Connection. Four more students have begun to occasionally attend Sunday worship gatherings
CORE TEAM – We began the semester with a core team of 4 students who stepped up to stretch their faith and take greater ownership of ministry to their campus.
- These students met together every Monday morning this semester at 8 a.m. to learn to study the Bible and facilitate a Bible discussion.
- All 4 of these students led or co-led a Bible study for the first time ever!
- We’ve already recruited two more students to the core team for the spring semester!
DOUBT DAY – In my last update, I mentioned that we were preparing to host Doubt Day—an outreach effort to students and faculty with doubts, questions, and objections about God and faith. We held two 50 minute sessions and provided pizza for all in attendance. We had a decent turnout!
Thank you to everyone who reads my updates and prays. I have a text message prayer team. Would you consider joining?
Text “PrayUp” to 781-728-9542 to join.